Fairtrade Canada offers a wide range of support to businesses who register with us, including:
Certification and Licensing
’ Independent GlobeScan research
85% of Canadian consumers who have seen the FAIRTRADE Mark regard it as a trusted label.
- Certification and licensing of Fairtrade products.
- Approval of use of the FAIRTRADE Mark on your packaging and promotional materials.
- Assistance with the quarterly sales reporting process.
- Audits to ensure the integrity of the Fairtrade supply chain.
- A dedicated account manager to help grow your Fairtrade business
- Connection to ingredient supply chain sources for new product development.
- Access to presentations to help tell your Fairtrade story to staff and retailers.
- Impact stories and producer profiles, on our website.
- Option to join 1% for the Planet to make an even greater ethical commitment
Communication, Promotional and Networking Opportunities
- Listing of your company in our database of Fairtrade licensees at guide.fairtrade.ca.
- Promotion of your products through our website, email newsletters and social media channels. Also your Fairtrade product could be featured at various trade and consumer shows.
- Provision of free consumer-oriented materials promoting Fairtrade, its benefit to producers and information on specific Fairtrade product categories.
- Regular activities through the year, including Fairtrade Category of the Month, Fairtrade Month (May), Fair Trade Campus Week (late September).
- Connection to Fair Trade Programs – Towns, Campuses, Schools, Workplaces, Faith Groups and Events.
- Opportunity to apply for recognition at the annual Canadian Fairtrade Awards.
- In addition to being a licensee, you can also become a participating member of Fairtrade Canada’s organization to influence the movement, vote on board resolutions etc.
Contact our Helen Reimer, our Director of Business Development, to learn more about how Fairtrade Canada can help your business, or visit our page explaining how to apply to become a licensee.