Action Guide - Win Fairtrade Goodies - Toolkit - Download Materials - Shop Fairtrade - Event Ideas
Environmental protection is ingrained in Fairtrade. To sell Fairtrade products, farmers have to improve soil and water quality, manage pests, avoid using harmful chemicals, manage waste, reduce their greenhouse gas emissions and protect biodiversity.
When you choose Fairtrade products, you are helping to support resilient, sustainable agricultural practices.
This Fairtrade Month, we invite you to join the fight against climate change and stand with us FOR PEOPLE AND FOR PLANET!
How Fairtrade is Acting on Climate
In it’s 2017 study, the Overseas Development Institute (ODI) determined that "Fairtrade certification is found to have positive impacts in terms of environment-related farm practices".
Here are some of the ways Fairtrade helps:
- The Fairtrade Standards: Environmental development and management are equally as significant as Fairtrade’s requirements for labour conditions.
- Training: Training has a significant impact on environmental awareness and actions of small farmers.
- Collaboration within and among producer organisations: Sharing best practices contributes to the spread of environmentally-friendly production methods.
- The Fairtrade Premium: Most producer communities use a part of their Premium funds for environmental activities, which can include projects such as training, reforestation programs, composting, and water management.
- Advocacy: Fairtrade challenges companies and policymakers to make sustainable decisions.
- Consumer Awareness: Raising awareness with social media, campaigns (like Fairtrade Month!), retail activations, and the Fair Trade Programs, which require supporting producers through increasing the sales of Fairtrade products.
Win Fairtrade Goodies
Join us on our social media channels for giveaways and challenges throughout Fairtrade month. Stick with us for the whole month for a $300 cash prize!
Fairtrade Month Digital Toolkit
The Fairtrade Month Digital Toolkit provides you with digital assets, like photos, videos, social media banners, that you can share on social media or on the web.
Download Your Fairtrade Materials
We have currently suspended all shipping of materials until further notice. However most of our materials are available for download! Download materials from our online shop.
During Fairtrade Month be sure to support retailers who are committed to Fairtrade - you can find certified products in a number of national or regional chains as well as hundreds of local independent stores.
Many of our partner retailers will be putting on product samples, promotions and other events during May.
Virtual Event Ideas
- Go live on social media and host a cooking class
- Host a virtual Fairtrade coffee break at your work
- Play virtual Fairtrade jeopardy with giveaways
- Use our film list to host a virtual watch party
- Launch a Fair Trade designation initiative