Hello! We are listing initiatives in the language that they are provided to us. Please consult both the English (below) and French list of initiatives as there might be initiatives that are not listed in both lists.
Please note that Fairtrade Canada is not responsible for any of these initiatives – we are listing these events for promotional purposes only, using information provided. Contact local organizers for more information.
World Fair Trade Week 2017
Global Village - May Pop-up Store
- May 10 - 31, 2017
- Nanaimo North Town Center, 4750 Rutherford Rd, Nanaimo, BC
- Global Village Nanaimo is usually a seasonal store, open for 3-4 months just before Christmas. To celebrate Fair Trade Month, we are opening a short-term pop-up store for 3 weeks in a shopping mall in Nanaimo.
- All of May
- All of Ottawa, Ontario
- For Fairtrade month we will be doing as much promotion as possible to get consumers to shop Fairtrade. We plan on doing this by creating a few custom lists (for example Best Fair trade Coffee in Ottawa, Best Fair trade Chocolate in Ottawa, Health Food Stores with most Fair trade options, and more!). We do not have a physical location, but we plan on heavily promoting all Fair trade shops in Ottawa.
Notre Dame Fair Trade Fair
- Thursday May 4th
- Notre Dame College School, 64 Smith St., Welland, Ontario
- Notre Dame College School was recently named Canada's 13th Fair Trade School. To celebrate, it is hosting its 5th annual Fair Trade Fair on Thursday May 4th - just in time for International Fair Trade Day AND Mother's Day! Lots of great gift ideas to choose from. The sale will take place between 9:30am - 1:30pm in the front foyer outside of Dillon Hall. Friends and family from the community are welcome to attend! Local fair trade vendors include Ten Thousand Villages, Moyaa Shea Products, One Earth, Casa Relief, bellabuddhabeads, giftologie and Bounded. Please be a conscious consumer and support fair trade whenever possible.
Meet an Artisan!
- May 4 2017, 5-7pm
- Ten Thousand Villages Canada (Ottawa, Ontario) - 371 Richmond Rd, Ottawa, Ontario K2A 0E7
- Have you ever wondered the impact your fair trade purchase has? Join us to meet two of the amazing individuals with our artisan partners, Mitra Bali! We are kicking off Fair Trade Month 2017 with a chance to hear first hand the positive impact of fair trade. To celebrate we will have the entire store 15% off from 5-7pm, on Thursday, May 4th.
2017 Youth Community Leaders Conference
- May 8, 2017
- University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario
- The 2017 Youth Community Leaders Conference is brought to you by Fair Trade Ottawa Équitable, an organization that focuses on educating the people of Ottawa about their consumer impact on the global level, both socially and environmentally. For more information about the organization itself, please visit our website (linked above). The 2017 Youth Community Leaders Conference will be held at the University of Ottawa campus on Monday, May 8, 2017. The conference is aimed at high school-aged youths that are interested in learning about social and environmentBringing together students from high schools throughout the National Capital Region, the full-day conference will engage students through interactive workshops, discussion groups and info-sessions on a variety of topics. The conference will be capped off by an evening time networking event, where students will have the opportunity to network with numerous organizations from the local nonprofit sector. The aim is to equip students with the information and inspiration they need to spring into action with some of Ottawa-Gatineau’s best not-for-profit organizations.
Celebration of Fair Trade Month 2017
10th anniversary: Wakefield, La Pêche a Fair Trade Town
- Saturday May 6, 11-3pm
Wakefield, La Pêche, Fairbairn House
www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=fair trade village équitable - wakefield la pêche
Don't miss the Wakefield, La Peche PARTY! Mark your calendars now for the 10th Anniversary of our Fair Trade Town. There's going to be CAKE - 10 different ones made with Fair trade ingredients; music, kid's activities, local producers and all-round celebrating!