POSITION TITLE: Administrative assistant – part time
SUPERVISOR: Reports to the Executive Director
PRIMARY WORK LOCATION: 250 City Centre Ave Suite 800, Ottawa – or partly from home
Fair Trade is a movement for change that works directly with businesses, consumers and campaigners to make trade fair for farmers and workers in the global South. The international Fairtrade system is the largest and most recognized ethical certification in the world. Fairtrade Canada is an independent, non-profit organization that manages the use of the Fairtrade brand on products in Canada, promotes and advocates for fair trade with Canadian businesses and citizens.
We seek a dynamic, resourceful and flexible office and administrative assistant. The role involves office management responsibilities and overall organizational support tasks. This person is an important support function for the whole team and has interactions with everyone.
- Coordinate the efficient running of facilities
- Ensure smooth running of logistical mail system, phones, internet and provide recommendations for improvement and maximize operating efficiency
- Support with the relationships with the providers for the above systems as relevant
- Coordinate the ordering of supplies for the kitchen, stationary, business cards, catering, as required
- Research potential sustainable sourcing or providers
- Assist Director of Finance & Administration to maintain relationship with landlord and liaise with property management regarding facilities cleaning, special projects, occasional renovations of office space.
- Track allocation of office keys to staff, parking passes, etc.
- Email management: Manage, filter or respond to generic emails regarding various aspects of the organization.
- Promotional materials & mail: Responsible for ontime mailouts of promotional materials, monitoring requests and orders, Processing incoming and outgoing mail
- Inventory management: monitoring and updating inventories of promotional materials, office supplies and other goods as relevant
- Event logistics: Support with board meetings, AGM preparation, producer visits and other events or special functions as needed; catering, room booking, venue scouting, preparation of documentation, etc.
- Other miscellaneous tasks: support your colleagues and the Executive Director in the Admin portion of their tasks and in general business
Experience / Skills
- Experience in similar functions highly valued
- Professionalism, ability to multitask and customer service skills
- Solid computer skills in Office suite (Excel, Word, etc)
- Bilingual in French and English a plus
- Experience in database or data entry management a plus
- Must be able to work independently and efficiently, detail oriented.
- Post secondary studies in administration or similar field preferred or equivalent professional experience can be taken in lieu of completed studies.
Part time one year contract – Minimum of 15 hours per week – max 35 hours. Time flexibility is a plus. In addition, Fairtrade Canada offers a fun team, a flexible work atmosphere, and free-flowing Fairtrade coffee and teas.
A letter of interest and a current CV should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications must be received no later than midnight Sunday, February 17th, 2019.