Why become a Fair Trade Ambassador?
Your time is precious so what you do in your spare time is important and needs to resonate with who you are and what is most meaningful to you. As a Fair Trade Ambassador, you have the opportunity to make your voice heard above the crowd and become a living testament to acting on what you believe in. Becoming an ambassador offers:
- Opportunities to learn about fair trade, participate in various activities and events, and gain experience in international development
- Occasions to talk and meet with other like-minded individuals, and build influential networks
- A certificate from Fairtrade Canada, CFTN and AQCÉ to proudly display your fair trade commitment
- Recognition within the fair trade network as a dedicated ambassador
- Opportunity to develop leadership skills
The Fair Trade Ambassador Program is about bringing people into the fair trade community and creating leaders who can help to spread the fair trade message across the country. With 1.66 million farmers and workers within the global Fairtrade system, you can play a very real and direct role in ensuring that they live more sustainable livelihoods and build stronger, more resilient communities.
How to get started?
In order to be a Fair Trade Ambassador, you must meet all the criteria within these two requirements:
1- Complete training session*
As a first step you will need to fill out an online application after which we will invite you to the upcoming training session. Following the initial training session you will be required to review additional materials; complete a quiz and develop a one-year engagement strategy.
*Please note that not all applicants who complete these steps will be selected to be a Fair Trade Ambassador. We thank all applicants for their interest and welcome their application in future training rounds.
2 – Engagement and outreach
As a Fair Trade Ambassador you will have the opportunity to be actively involved in your region through different ways.
3 - Ongoing commitment
The Program requires a minimum ongoing commitment of one year.
Refer to these information materials, including the detailed requirement summary, to help you to become a Fair Trade Ambassador.
If you have questions or require additional information, contact Fairtrade Canada’s Outreach Manager, the Canadian Fair Trade Network (CFTN), or the Association québécoise du commerce équitable (AQCÉ) to learn more.
Fill out the online application and get started.
Upcoming Training Sessions
- Monday March 13 at 2:30pm ET in English (to attend this training, you must fill out the online application before March 5 11:59 PST)
- July – exact day to be confirmed
- November – exact day to be confirmed