Under the direction of the Outreach and Marketing Manager, the Communications Specialist is responsible for creating and implementing Fairtrade Canada’s communications plan. The Specialist will oversee the creation of all content for digital and print with a focus on inbound marketing activities. The Specialist will frequently and consistently execute Fairtrade communications at all stakeholder levels including B2B and B2C with the goal of raising awareness of the Fairtrade brand and creating a leadership position for fair trade in Canada.
- Excellent (fluent) writing, communication, and presentation skills in French and English;
- Demonstrated skills developing content, editorials, marketing and communications copy, and creating newsletters and publications in both French and English;
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical and organizational skills; detail orientation is a must;
- Ability to give on-the-spot interviews in French and English to reporters, live television, and print media is considered an asset.
- Responsible for the creation of all key messaging and communications content; create and execute a yearly promotional Content Calendar;
- Create and facilitate communications tools to strengthen the organisation’s commercial relationships and networking opportunities; oversee related reporting analysis and metrics;
- Draw up internal guidelines on consistent messaging;
- Responsible for all social media and digital assets including video, blog, e-newsletters;
- Closely collaborate with Web Manager in maintaining the Fairtrade Category of the Month promotion;
- Development of digital toolkits for use by licensees, Fair Trade leaders and civil society etc.;
- Participate in the coordination of Fairtrade campaigns and promotions, organize social media and traditional media coverage, as required;
- Where possible develop new points of engagement with stakeholders using inbound marketing; responsible for goal setting and ROI reporting;
- Lead or support the development of webinars, blogs, and if time permits case studies, and articles of interest;
- Record and monitor communication expenditures including social media advertising;
- Liaise frequently with Fairtrade International, Fairtrade America and other national Fairtrade organizations’ Communications team to align and share marketing and communications tools;
- Act as a back-up to update the corporate website;
- Carry out additional departmental assignments as required;
- Minimum travel is required.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) and one or two years experience in communications, journalism, or public affairs.
- Demonstrated success in the not-for-profit or association sector is preferable;
- Excellent computer skills including strong internet capabilities. Knowledge of design software (Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop) and web platform Sitecore is considered an asset;
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in communications, media, and public affairs activities including negotiating and relationship building;
- Demonstrated skills in creative writing and building technical content;
- Languages: Excellent French and English is essential;
- Political judgement backed by a diplomatic and sensitive working style;
- Self-motivated and able to drive forward work with limited guidance;
- Collaborative and supportive approach to teamwork;
- Experience with Fairtrade or a fair trade organization is considered as asset.
Hours of Work
- 3 days / week
- one year contract with possibility of extension based on budget
This is a part-time position based in Ottawa, ON. The deadline to apply has passed. Applications submitted after the deadline may be considered however there is no guarantee that we will be able to do so. To apply, please send your salary expectation, your CV and cover letter in your first official language. Please also provide a short blog post (no more than 250 words) in your second official language that explores “Why is Fairtrade important?” to Mélissa Dubé at HR@fairtrade.ca.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please. Thank you for your interest in Fairtrade Canada!
Fairtrade Canada subscribes to the Ontario Human Rights Code. Every person has a right to equal treatment from Fairtrade Canada with respect to employment without discrimination because of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability.