Makes 4 servings
Preparation: 5 minutes
Cooking: 30 minutes
- 1 kilo of Fair Trade bananas
- 2-3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of curry paste
- 1 ½ cups coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 4 cups of rice
- Cook the rice according to the instructions on the package.
- Cut the bananas into slices of approximately 2.5 cm. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the banana slices, per portion, until they are light brown on both sides. Place the slices separately on a plate with kitchen paper.
- Fry the onion for about 10 minutes, and then put the banana slices back in the pan, together with the curry paste.
- Add half of the coconut milk, and mix well. Leave this on low heat for 10 minutes and then add pepper and salt to taste.
- Pour the remaining coconut milk into the pan and let it bubble until it becomes thick and the bananas soften.
- Garnish with coriander and serve with rice.
Recipe and photography: ZTRDG for Max Havelaar Netherlands