by Amy Wood* (The Canadian Fair Trade Network)
- 3 to 4 large Medjool dates, pitted
- 4 Tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp vegan protein (I use pumpkin seed protein)
- 1 Tbsp organic, Fairtrade cocoa powder
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp organic, Fairtrade cocoa nibs
- Add everything but the cocoa nibs into a food processor and pulse until well combined.
- Add cocoa nibs and pulse until incorporated but not fully blended.
- Take approximately 1 Tbsp of the mixture and press into a round-ish ball. Then use palms to roll into a compact ball.
- Place in fridge in an air-tight container.
Makes between 6 and 8 power balls.
Pro tip: double or even triple the recipe and freeze what you won’t eat in the coming week.
*Amy Wood is a content marketer, blogger, and perpetual snacker. She loves fresh flowers and stretching. You can find her on Instagram and Twitter @tgifriedeggs.