- You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights, or restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the site by any third party.
- This site and the information, names, images, pictures, logos regarding or relating to Fairtrade Canada are provided “as is” without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied. In no event will Fairtrade Canada be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the site, whether in contract or in negligence.
- Fairtrade Canada does not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the materials.
- Copyright restrictions:
- Commercial use or publication of all or any item displayed is strictly prohibited without prior authorization from Fairtrade Canada. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring any license by Fairtrade Canada to use any item displayed.
- Documents may be copied for personal use only on the condition that copyright and source indications are also copied, no modifications are made and the document is copied entirely. However, some documents and photos have been published on this site with the permission of the relevant copyright owners (who are not Fairtrade Canada). All rights are reserved on these documents and permission to copy them must be requested from the copyright owners (the sources are indicated within these documents/photographs).
- Fairtrade Canada takes no responsibility for the content of external Internet sites. Other websites that we link to are owned and operated by third parties and Fairtrade Canada has no control over them. The fact that we include links to other websites does not mean that Fairtrade Canada approves of or endorses any other third party website or the content of that website. We accept no liability for any statements, information, products or services that are published on or are accessible through any websites owned or operated by third parties.
- Any communication or material that you transmit to, or post on, any public area of the site including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like, is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary information.
Fairtrade Canada is committed to protecting the privacy of personal information collected from its registered licensees and traders, employees, partners, members of the public, and all other stakeholders. In the handling of our business activities, programs and other activities, we collect and use personal information such as a person’s name, address, email address and phone number. Anyone from whom we collect such information can be assured that it will be carefully protected.
When you provide personal information to us, you consent to the collection and use of this information for the specified purpose. Personal information collected by Fairtrade Canada is kept confidential. Our staff is permitted to access personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected. We will not disclose personal information to partners or any other third-party without your express consent, unless required by law.
Website and Electronic Communications
Fairtrade Canada uses various security methods to ensure privacy and to protect personal and other information we may receive online, including through our website and by email.
Our website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information about usage of the site, unrelated to any personal information you provide to us. This includes the placement of cookies in your internet browser to indicate which pages have been accessed and when. In addition, Google Analytics may track anonymous advertising demographic information such as age and gender if you have provided that information. You can opt out of this process by disabling cookies in your internet browser and you can find further information about opting out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
Questions or concerns about Fairtrade Canada’s privacy practices can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or sent in writing to:
Chief Privacy Officer c/o Director of Finance and Administration
250 City Centre Ave, Suite 800
Ottawa, ON K1R 6K7