When you go all in on fairness for breakfast, it looks kind of like this. Whip up this chocolatey Espresso and Cacao Fairtrade breakfast bowl in 5 minutes – a brilliant way to kickstart your morning with energy, flavour, and a caffeine kick. This recipe is great for gluten-free, vegan, guilt-free pleasure.
And if you want to make it peanut-free, swap out the peanut butter for your favourite seed butter or a sweeter touch of maple syrup.
Ingredients for your Fairtrade breakfast bowl
For the smoothie:
- 2 frozen Fairtrade Bananas
- 1/3 cup of plant milk
- 2 tablespoons of peanut or seed butter
- 2 tablespoons of Navitas Organics’ Fairtrade cocoa powder
For the toppings:
- 4 squares of Galerie au Chocolat’s Fairtrade – Dark Chocolate Bold Espresso
- Half a Fairtrade banana sliced
- Sliced almonds
- Chia seeds
- Cacao nibs
- Since the recipe is best made with frozen bananas, grab your ripe Equifruit bananas and freeze them overnight.
- Combine frozen bananas, milk, nut/seed butter, cocoa powder in a blender and mix until completely smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and add the toppings of your choice.
- Complete your Fairtrade breakfast bowl with a hot cup of Fairtrade coffee from Brûleries Faro.
At Fairtrade, we strive to see a world where all farmers and workers can enjoy secure and sustainable livelihoods, fulfill their potential, and decide on their future.
Subscribe to our newsletter to enjoy monthly promotions and giveaways on Fairtrade products throughout the year.